Monday, May 16, 2011

sponsors : meet lishyloo

.


Do you know of Lishyloo Vintage? 

I'm sure you do, but if you don't, you surely ought to know about her. This fabulous Etsy shop offers a great range of kiddo clothing for the vintage lovin' mama. Along side children's clothing, Lishyloo also offers a variety of other kids products including, toys, games, home decor, linens and books!

I recently contacted Lishyloo about an interview and she gladly said yes! I asked her a few questions so you all could get to know a bit more about this fabulous lady, and her shop. So without futher ado, please meet Miss Lishyloo!


Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a SAHM to two boys, Truman is 4 and Harrison is 1 but they both have birthdays soon!
One baby on the way as well. I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

ETSY //  BLOG  //  TWITTER

Tell us a bit about your shop & what inspired you to open a shop?

My shop is 99% kids vintage clothing with some linens, housewares and toys thrown in from time to time. I also pick up baby and kid room decor when I find things I can't resist. I started thrifting seriously in college and later when my brother was expecting his son, I wandered into the kid's clothing and started picking up vintage pieces. Soon, I had a very large stockpile of clothes for our future kiddos. When I had two boys, I couldn't stand the idea of just bringing the girl things back to the thrift so I opened a shop. My friend Alix who now co-runs modernkiddo & my friend Jenny who runs kidwonder both were selling vintage on ebay at the time and it looked like so much fun, they were also big inspirations.


What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I am a pretty classic home body. I love to embroider, cook, garden, and organize my house.
I read a lot, especially children's books and any kind of non-fiction.
I am addicted to celebrity bios. In the spring and summer we're outside a lot!

What is/was your most favorite personal possession?
Something you've owned. Whether it be new, thrifted, sold, or gifted?

My very favorite possession is my great-grandmother's wedding ring, which is now my wedding ring.
I collect dolls and love my blythes and susie sad eyes. My favorite thrifted item of all time is this faux fur trimmed coat I found in like 1997. It was the coat I was wearing when I met my husband.


Can you list your top 5 sites for inspiration.
Blogs, Etsy shops, online stores, etc.

Wow, this is hard!

I read Kelle Hampton's blog religiously. 
I find her to be very honest and inspiring.




Piratesb00ty on Etsy


Thank You so much again Lishyloo for the interview!
Find her shop, personal blog and news over on twitter via the links below.

ETSY //  BLOG  / TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. :] i read kelle's blog as well. she really is an inspiration to an aspiring special education major. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Lishyloo! You know you're one of my favorites. :)

    Now, I'm off to check out Kelle Hampton's blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...