Monday, June 13, 2011

Interview : Toy Collector, Sara Harvey

.

So do you all know Miss Sara Harvey? If you're not a toy collector, you may not know of her, but that's ok, because today I'd like to introduce you to her and her fabulous collection! Sara and I actually know each other thru work. And we pretty much became instant friends after we discussed our love of toys. So without further do, Miss Harvey!

SD Hey, Sara! Can you tell us a bit about yourself.

SH Hi! I'm Sara Harvey and I currently live In Kansas City, MO and work as a greeting card and product designer. At night, I'm an Illustrator, Crazy Toy Collector, and general nerd. I have a bit of a problem collecting things, mostly toys, and I take lots of photos of them. Here are a few links to some of my art, collections, and my toy covered house...

ETSY SHOP // FLICKR // FACEBOOK // TUMBLR // APARTMENT THERAPY HOME TOUR


SD Can you tell us a bit about your collection. When did you start collecting? How many pieces do you roughly have?

SH Well...the collection I have that has taken over my home, would be my toy collection. Most of my collection consists of designer vinyl figures, plush dolls, wood and resin figures, and handmade toys. I honesty have no idea when I started collecting because I've been doing it as long as I can remember. One day I really should sit down and figure out how many pieces I have in my collection because I really have no idea, I know it's in the thousands though.


SD Do you have a few toys that you absolutely LOVE?

SH 
Nekomitaina (resin character with heart), Limited edition figures created by Mari Inukai. There is a whole series of these and they are so cute!

Tim Biskup Stack Pack mini figures. I really love all of Tim Biskup's figures.

Mr. White Squid, A Very Handy Crafter. Handmade felted squid knitting by Hine [hee-neh] Mizushima!


SD And last can you list your top 5 sites for toy inspiration ?

SH Hard to list my top 5 sites for inspiration but I use Flickr a lot to find what artist I like are creating or custom toys people have made. It's also a great ways to find toys I may have never seen before to add to my collection.

FLICKR
VINYL PULSE
KIDROBOT
ROTOCASTED
ETSY

1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing read!

    I love the Nekomitaina toy figurines too, their little heart is adorable! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...