Tuesday, July 05, 2011

the baby shower

.

well the weekend was packed with activities to say the least and i didn't know where to begin so i figured sharing pictures from the last minute shower would be a sweet treat. now some of you may have heard the build up to this day. for those of you who have no clue, a quick rundown of how it all played out... i asked to host a shower months ago for my sweet sister in law, which was told no, and someone else would be planning it. ok this was fine with me but needless to say 2 week before the shower i hadn't seen an invite, only heard word of it but didn't know what was about to go down. after a quick phone call, i found that nothing was done. no food ordered, no cake to be made, no decoration bought, no preparation at all, zip, zitch, nada. so, i was a bit frazzled and annoyed but jumped in cold turkey to pull it all together for one special day. i scored a bunch of supplies thru work. chatted with friends about decorating ideas. ordered a cake from a coworker; which sad to say was cute but wasn't as expected for a shower. so re-iced, the cake and it was good as new! sorted m&m's plus ate a few handfuls. bought, made and baked food. made paper flowers for decoration. and had bit of help from my other SIL, who had flown in for the shower, (thanks becca) setting up for the party. now i'm not going to lie. i was about to loose my mind the morning while we set up, a few times i was even so lost i didn't know what to set up or do next, but the mister helped me keep my cool (he joined us for support, and kindly vacuumed the house before the party, thanks b). but i was worried more or less due to the fact that i didn't think we had enough time before they would return home (shower at her house) but i was wrong, and we got it all done in time and the SIL couldn't have been more surprised and excited, and just loved it all!

12 comments:

  1. This turned out great!! Your hard work really paid off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) I'm so glad it came together, although we ran around with our heads chopped off like chickens, it came out great. Good job girl, it looked wonderful. :) go team!

    And, it is absolutely no problem for helping out, it's what I'm here for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful! Love the color combination. I think my favorite part is tri-color cake! Or maybe the big pom poms... or the pinwheels. Can't decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See all that worry and you still made it look like a pro had done the job. Your just amazing and that is just a small part of what you know how to do. You are good under pressure and B is a great helpmate . Love to you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. i knew you would pull it off! the color scheme is amazing! and you made that cake look perfect1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GREAT!! The food looks scrumptious. You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, I knew you would get it all done. And might I add you did way more than I though you would crazy lady. It looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much all! i loved how it all turned out but it was a bit of work and surely an event to remember ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake is darling! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I love the colors! We did those fruit stick thingys at my sister in law's bridal shower. So easy and yummy and summer-y!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! You did such an adorable job on such short notice. I'm sure your SIL was beyond thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...