Friday, August 05, 2011

makeup... what do you use?

.
mascara_photo
* info below
So I'm not a huge makeup person. It works well for some but for other's not so much. I'm one of those, not so much people. I've tried many approaches to make makeup work but none the less each attempt ends in me looking very scary (in my personal opinion) like something outta a horror film. I love the cat eye's look I found via pinterest above. I'm currently on a hunt to find a good tutorial on this and then we'll see if I can pull of a another scare tactic on the mister. He's always impressed (sarcastically said and we both get a laugh out of it) with the attempts. I'm pretty much a plain ole marcara and eye shadow type girl.... notice the shadows are neutrals too... haven't found any other's I've liked, no biggie though. On another beauty note... did you see my nails in that pic, i haven't painted them in over 10+  years... I'll update you with this later though ;) If you care to share I'd love to know what makeup products you like? And what techniques do you have?

** More specific info about my makeup above:
1.) Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow No. 710 // Not Just Nudes
2.) CG Professional Mascara Super Thick Lash

3 comments:

  1. Mmm makeup. I'm usually either completely in the mood for it or completely not. I am super into the cat eye look though so here's what I use: first, prime!!! I use the Stay Don't Stray creme by Benefit first all over my lids. Then I set it with pressed powder (or eyeshadow, depending on the look I want). For the liner itself I reach for my black Stila Smudge Pot. This is applied with an angled liner brush and really has major lasting power. I pull my lash line taught from the outside corner with one hand and draw a very thin line as close to the lash line as I can get, all the way across. This way I have more control with the thickness of the line. Normally I build the line so that it thickens towards the outside corner. I add a little wing at the end when my eye is open (!) so I don't end up looking like a 1920s vamp. And viola! Cat eye. Hope this is a little useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, for mascara I use good ol lash blast by covergirl, the orange tube one. I'm only a little ashamed to admit it starte because Drew Barrymore was in the ad :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great topic :) I've recently done a huge overhaul of my makeup. I found that Korres is really nice. https://www.korresusa.com/
    I have super sensitive skin, so the fact that it is natural appealed to me. It can be pricey, but if you just buy the few key items every so often, it's definitely worth it. (I too am a makeup minimalist)
    Also, a good friend of mine just took a makeup application class at a Bobby Brown studio. Maybe you could find something similar in your area. She said it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...