Friday, September 30, 2011

The Great Indoors

.
As the fall weather is now here, I've really been wanting to go camping. We (my family) camped a lot growing up. Did the tent thing and then later a trailer but I'm not to sure what it is about camping in the Fall but it sounds just perfect! The weather's nice and the temperature (not to cold, not to hot) makes me all the more, want to be outdoors camping. But then I sit and ponder this over and think, well we 1.) don't own a tent, ha! and then 2.) camping with two kiddos under the age of 3 probably isn't the wises thing for us at this time. I can just imagine how a tent would be because the morning our kiddo wakes up and crawls into bed with us there's usually an elbow or foot to the eye (my eye this would be) and maybe a handslap unintentially to a face (happen to the mister a few times) and well... Nah... maybe when they're bigger. But either way then I thought maybe I can get my fix of camping on indoors. A few cool solutions (2 are even DIY's) and then my friend, Jenny's brilliant idea of a camping indoors!!! These all make me so excited to find some supplies and give indoor camping a try. So do you like camping? What about camping indoors?

Image Credit : 1.   2.   3.   4.   5.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my teepee in this roundup! I can't wait to set up Sebastian's tent for a sleep out. It hasn't been out of the box since he got it for his birthday 14 months ago! uhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really really want to make an indoor tent or teepee. i am thinking when my niece comes to visit it would be a fun thing to do!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhh this REALLY makes me want to build a fort this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love camping indoors? Tents are awesome! I really love the look of lights and tents together. Plus, when you're indoors, you can get all cozy with the blankets and not have to worry about them getting wet from the grass! I have yet to do this but it's been on my list for such a long time...Sigh!
    <3 Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these images! (In fact I used the first one in a post about camping over the summer). What a great idea for an indoor campout during the cold Minnesota winters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I found you this morning through Smile and Wave - so happy I did! I lovelovelove this idea and you're right, something about this weather makes snuggling up in a tent sound just right! We live in the city so indoor camping will work so perfectly...and since we don't have any kids yet I'll just have to finagle my husband into loving this idea with me! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love everything about this post!! I think I may make a living room fort tonight!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for your comments & thanks Rachel for your awesome photo! I am so ready to get my camping on, looks like I'm not the only one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this!! i'm not an outdoorsy chick...at all. but camping inside?? hecky yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...