Friday, September 23, 2011

hello new friend

.

So my older machine, a Kenmore, was having a few issues recently. Chugging along as well as she could but not as happily as she once was. She's been making some weird noises lately which I'm not to sure if it's due to her age (almost over 10) or due to the fact she's fallen out of her case on the floor 3x. Poor baby, I know. The locks on the case has gave loose each time and she's taken a few beatings (all in which resulted in my crying poor machine). Either way I called about repairs on the old girl and every place I called they gave me the same quote of 90 bucks, eck!!! After being shocked by the price and adding up things in my head, we decided it was probably time to seek a newer machine. Something a bit updated from my basic model but nothing to over the top, because I still wanted the easy to use option, none of this programming and leave it alone to stitch nonsense. Well after hunting about I found this beauty, the Singer 5500 Fashion Mate and yes she's a bit digital. She's everything I needed plus a little more and now I'm back in business for sewing. Besides the basic stiches she does a few decorative ones... ok maybe a few more than a few but I'm oh so happy with her. So who else out there sews? I know there's a few of you. What sewing machine is your baby?


6 comments:

  1. Eeeep! I'm so excited for you. I love new sewing machines. What a great way to start off a beautiful weather weekend. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahoo! I love new sewing machines. Our machines are ALMOST twins. I have the Brilliance I think? They look the same but I think yours has fancier stitches. Yay sewing machine soul sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew, have since childhood. I have a singer I use almost exclusively for zippers and then a Viking MegaQuilter for all my straight stitching as it's a workhorse that can easily go through 10 layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's one fancy pants machine you've got there. Congrats on the new baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, I'm pretty excited about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't got my craft room functional yet, but I have 2 machines. A very basic Huskystar machine & my great grandmother's old Singer (still in great shape & in the original cabinet).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...