Thursday, September 01, 2011

interview : jeanee duval of dirty laundry

.

Happy September 1st!!! I still can't believe Fall is almost here, this just baffles me. The mister and I call September our "Lucky Month" and a lot of great things have happened for us in years past during this fabulous month and a lot more excitement on the blog and in my day to day life is happening currently. But today, I'm super thrilled to kick of this month with a special interview from the lovely Jeanee Duval of Dirty Laundry. If you don't know her yet, let me tell you, she's a very talented designer, super sweet as can be lady and the small business owner of Dirty Laundry (shop), where she has trademarked some wonderfully smelling luxury bath fizzies. So are you ready to meet Jeanee!


SD Hello Jeanee! Can you tell us a bit about yourself.

JD
nameJeanee Duval
husbandShaun Duval, DJ, graphic designer extraordinaire, and love of my life
locationCurrently residing in Kansas City, MO. From Michigan. Prior residence, Atlanta.
ETSY SHOP // BLOG // FACEBOOK // TWITTER // FLICKR // PINTEREST

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SD Can you tell us about your blog. Share with our readers a bit of background history. How or why did you start blogging?

JD I started my Etsy shop the summer of 2007 to sell my handmade aprons after some pushes and shoves from a few friends to sell my goods. After I did my 1st holiday craft show, later on that year, I was hooked on the handmade movement. So I started my blog April of 2008 as a count down to a fashion show I was participating in. At first I was posting daily apron inspiration and sneak peak of the aprons for the fashion show. Then after the show I needed something else to blog about like other events and my projects. I moved into posting my daily delights and inspiration and doing features like too cute Tuesday, gray is great, THE DIRTY and THE WASH, crafty girls come clean. I love to inspire others.



SD Can you tell us a bit about your shop & what inspired you to open a shop? 

JD In April 2007 I took a sewing workshop at work. I didn’t know how to sew at all, but I ended up making a beautiful apron. I found that I was a natural at sewing so I signed up for a basic sewing class.

A few weeks later on Memorial Day a friend of mine was having folks over for a BBQ. I got up at 9a Saturday and whipped up a hostess apron by noon. She and everyone loved it! I posted it on my Flickr page and it’s one of the most viewed photos I have. 

I started my Esty shop in July 2007 selling my handmade aprons. I was so surprised how many people were interested in my goods. It was very exciting and heartwarming to be able to connect with people through the Internet. Immediately I became a indie handmade biz gal and social media nerd. 

Winter 2008 I introduced Dirty Laundry handmade cupcake bath fizzies. They are my little rock stars! Everyone loved the little gift so much that in spring 2010 I decided to focus my business on them. Currently I'm not doing any sewing. 



SD What are your favorite bath fizzies? 

JD Well, I love ALL of my cupcake bath fizzies that are in my Etsy shop. Each one has their own personality. Actually my favorite cupcake bath fizzies are the ones I designed for special events and seasons.
I recently made some personalized cupcake bath fizzies for a friends baby shower. I've also made cupcake bath fizzies for the 2011 and 2010 West 18th Street Fashion Show VIP bags. And I made four cute Valentine cupcake bath fizzies this year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SD And last can you list your top 5 sites for inspiration.


JD There are some many to choose from! There are currently over 260 blogs that I follow. So if I only have to choose five they are:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SD A huge THANK YOU to Jeanee for letting me interview her today and make sure to swing by her blog to say hello! If you'd like to know more about her click here or chit chat with her via twitter. Oh, and please head on over to her shop to check out more of those amazing bath fizzies!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Jeanee's bath fizzies! I featured them on my holiday gift guide last year AND she's in KC! Double scored. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...