Thursday, September 15, 2011

A is for Ampersand! A guest post from Amy!

.
Hello, all you pretty Adalou Vintage readers! I'm Amy from A is for Ampersand, and I'm absolutely delighted to be guest posting on Sandi's adorable blog. I've been a fan of Sandi for awhile, so I'm so honored to be here.

Sandi and I share a similar predilection for all things vintage, and I'm a firm believer that vintage is pretty and pretty good FOR you. In fact, I dare you to wear a vintage piece and try and feel bummed about life. Nope. Can't do it. Vintage is good for your soul. I'm sure of it.

Because I love vintage so much, I thought I'd show you how easy it is to bring one little vintage piece into all 4 seasons.

header

Yes, I believe that vintage is for all seasons. The best part about wearing vintage is just how easy it is to add a couple of different accessories and get a whole new outfit.

This little strawberry number was a $1 muumuu I found on a thrifting venture. After hemming it and taking it in a bit, I had a versatile piece that I found I could stretch throughout the year.

spring

For spring I made the dress into a shirt and paired it with some high-waisted bell bottoms, a light cardigan, and some chunky wedges.

summer

In Utah, summer means months on months of 100-degree heat, so I like to keep my outfits as simple as humanly possible. This dress is perfect for summer because you can just pair it with a floppy hat and some sandals and feel like a summer sassypants.

autumn

Fall is my favorite season for one thing and one thing only--the triumphant resurgence of tights! Fall tends to be pretty warm in Utah, so I just pair it with some red nylons, moccs, and a short-sleeved cardigan.

winter

And for winter, it's all about layers. I just layered a mustard granny sweater over the dress for a different look and a belt to give it shape. Add some tall cowboy boots for warmth, and you're set for a chilly day.

Remixing vintage pieces is definitely one of my favorite things to do. What's your go-to trick for getting the most out of your vintage pieces?

And if you're a diehard thrifter like Sandi and I, be sure to stop by and visit my blog! I do a weekly feature called $5 Thrifty Thursday where I showcase a treasure I found for $5 and under. I'm always highlighting reader finds as well, so if you've got something, send it on over! I'd love to feature you there.

Have fun keeping it real and keeping it vintage, champs!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Thanks so much Amy for guest posting for me today! I love all the looks and you did an awesome job pulling of a unique feel for each season. If you love Amy's style, you should surely hop on over to her blog to say hello!

9 comments:

  1. Summer sassypants... I love it! My fave look is def your spring ensamble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute guest post! I love making things work for every season. XO, Rae

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! I love how you remixed this dress. How in the world you did you have it tucked in, though? Did you pin it up before tucking it in? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you are the cutest! Do you mind if i squeeze you?!? Love all the looks, the summer might be my favorite but the winter one is pretty darn cute too!
    Xo,
    Cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this is awesome! How'd you do the spring ensemble dress-into-shirt thing? I've never been able to get it to look right, but yours looks great! Did you just tuck it in or is there some secret that I've been blind to? :)

    Also hi Sandi! I was following Amy's blog and I loved the guest post you did so I came here and fell even more in love with your other posts so I'm following you now and just wanted to introduce myself! You are lovely!
    <3 Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay I'm so glad you guys liked it! And the shirt thing--it's tricky, but this dress was light enough and JUST short enough to make it work. I kind of just folded it once and tucked it in. Because these pants are high-waisted and snug it worked out ok. Try it out! It definitely works best with lighter, cotton dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the comments and isn't this post by Amy just fabulous!

    Thanks Linda for now following along too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the looks are just so adorable. But I'm really wondering how you were able to make the dress into a shirt. Where in the world are you hiding all the fabric? You must be some sort of magician!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Time for me to keep my eyes peeled for more vintage dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...