Thursday, October 13, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Waffles

.

We have awesome kids! I really can't complain, but... they can be really picky eaters at times too. I think that's normal from what I've heard, but either way, feeding them veggies or meats is often tricky. The mister and I work hard on sneaking some of these items into the foods they love. Hiding meats mixed in with pasta's and shredding veggies smaller over other foods. But one favorite meal which we all really enjoy is Pumpkin Waffles. I don't think we'd eat pumpkin otherwise as we're not huge Pumpkin Pie people, but this breakfast treat is simple and so yummy. Enjoy! xo, s

HOMEMADE PUMPKIN WAFFLES 
(Modified from Bisquick Waffle directions)
Using waffle iron, makes approx. 6 waffles

2 1/3 cups of Bisquick
1 1/2 cups of Milk
1/2 can of Pumpkin (or less)
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp of Ground Clove
2 Eggs

Combine all ingredients and stir well. Pour (we eyeball this) approx 1/2 cup of batter over waffle iron. Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Top with your choice of butter, syrup, fruits, whipped cream or our favorite a little powdered sugar. Yum!

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Yum. This sounds so delicious. I don't own a waffle griddle but I'm sure I could just use this batter and make pancakes.

    Thanks Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! Do you have a Foreman Grill? You could use this to make waffles too. If not making them like pancakes are perfect and just as tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeek! these looks delicious! I MUST TRY THEM, perhaps this sunday :)
    xo!
    Des, Mano y Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum... going to ask my hubby to make these for me this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, these sound amazing! I bet they would be fabulous if you put some chocolate chips in too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...