Friday, November 04, 2011

Guest Post by Pocky of Living Apockylypse

.
Hello sweet Adalou readers! I'm so super duper excited to be guest posting for Sandi today (thank you so much, Sandi)! I don't know about you, but ever since I discovered her blog (thank you Thursday) I've been hooked.
Peekaboo Pocky

For those of you that don't know me, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Pocky & most days I can be found blogging over at Living Apockylypse. I'm a geek-lovin' gal that spends her days fighting the zombie grind & seeking the safety of the crafty life at night. I have big dreams of finishing my Craft Cove & one day leaving the zombie grind for my own crafty business.

Speaking of my Craft Cove, I've been working really hard at finally unpacking the box fortress that lived there for a year [planning & wedding + moving is not a good thing for a craft room]. Now, with the help of Mr. Wonderful, it's finally starting to look more like a room & less like a disaster area. Since we are currently renters, I'm limited with space & ideas for my Craft Cove. Recently I posted some of my craft cove dreams for shelving, with a some gorgeous pictures I found while on Pinterest [which is my latest time suck].

Since then, I've been dreaming up some multi-tasking options for my limited amounts of space. In a perfect world, I would have a Craft Cove as big as a house...but for now I have to settle for a small spare bedroom. Since I have an ever-growing collection of craft supplies [that's what happens when a craft-a-holic gives birth to a craft addict], I really have to focus on some great ideas to let my space work for all my crafty loves.


Maybe once I cut down on my yarn stash, I could find a way to turn my closet into my sewing station. Of course that would require that I tell my loved ones to quit buying me yarn for gifts...& I don't see that happening any time soon!


I really wish my Craft Cove closet doors weren't the sliding type! I would find some way to make this more renter-friendly, because I just love the idea of using the back side of the door for storage.


I love this idea so much, that I'm mentioning it again [it was on my first craft cove dreams post]! I would love to have a window seat in my Craft Cove, but I really can't just waste that perfectly great storage space. This would be the perfect thing to store my huge knitting magazine collection, printable patterns & design notes. Add an adorable cushion to the top & you have a gorgeous window seat to knit beautiful projects on. [Maybe if I post this picture enough, Mr. Wonderful will get the brilliant idea to make me one!]

I'd love to know what multi-tasking miracles you have in your crafty corner!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Pocky, Thank you so much, for all of these fabulous finds! I can't wait to see what your new Craft Cove will look like. And for all of you readers out there, be sure to swing on over to Living Apockylypse to see what this fine lady is up to each day! Her blog is inspiration out the wazoo and you will surely love getting to know her. Happy Friday friends! xo :) s

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pocky! I love all of your ideas for a craft cove. It sounds wonderful! I hope that you can have your ideal space and be your own boss sooner than later. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Love Pocky and thanks to her I found your wonderful blog...so it's a win win!!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole
    Thanks so much for the kind words! I've got to say that I'm having tons of fun taking the baby steps towards my dreams. Of course it helps that I have a very supportive husband encouraging me every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Pocky for guest posting for me! And keep us posted on your Craft Cove updates. I can't wait to see it all completed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sandi
    Thanks again for having me on your adorable blog! I definitely will keep everyone posted. Right now I'm at a slight standstill until the new/old desk gets refinished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh, my friend you know how to dream up a dreamy craft space. I'm trying to figure out a way to make a creative space and guest room co-exist. any ideas? how brilliant is that chest of files? kind of makes me wish I had more paperwork...except not ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...