Tuesday, November 15, 2011

my mister cooks // crispy chicken an apple salad

.

Happy Tuesday! Ready for another meal from My Mister Cooks. Over the weekends we're always so busy, but we still manage to find time to sit down an enjoy a few tasty meals together. The mister prepared more of the well thought out meals (including this salad), and I, well... lets just say I could be 3 again and eat mac and cheese for every meal. But I'm the breakfast cook of the house so I'll be sharing one of those meals later this week. But today I wanted to share a super simple salad which we all enjoyed. Happy Eating!
signature

CRISPY CHICKEN AN APPLE SALAD
Approx Time 35 Minutes // Serves 4

Ingredients 
1/4 cup all purpose flour
course salt and ground pepper
1 large egg
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1 pound)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large head of red leaf lettuce (torn or chopped)
2 apples, gala or fuji (we used honeycrisp) cored and cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Directions
1.) On a plate, season flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a shallow dish, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. On another plate, season panko with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pat chicken dry. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip n egg, letting excess drip off. Coat with panko, press gently to adhere.
2.) In large nonstick skillet, heat oil, over medium. Add chicken, cook until golden brown, approx. 8-10 minutes, flip once. Arrange lettuce, apples and cranberries on platter. Slice chicken, add to salad, drizzle with dressing.

Dressing (We used Ranch dressing instead, but this is the dressing recommended with the salad)
In small bowl whisk 1/4 cup buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped), season with salt and pepper.

Everyday Food  //  Issue No. 87  //  November 2011  //  Page 96

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love salad and this looks so good. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I really like salads that have a tangy-ness in the dressing and a sweetness of the apples. I'm sure this is a great recipe for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I might have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...