Monday, November 07, 2011

my mister cooks // zucchini fries

.

Hello Friends & Happy Monday! I'm taking a break from todays mini collections to bring you another yummy recipe from dinner with the mister, made last week. I posted a picture on my Instagram of zucchini fries an had a few people ask me about them so I wanted to share this simple recipe and a few pictures below. They were soooo good and seriously so simple to make. If you like zucchini's I'm sure you'll love these french fry substitute. I'm going to tag these meals "my mister cooks" so you can follow along via the title or tag (listed down bottom right of the blog) if you choose so and I hope  you'll enjoy some of the tasty food which the mister prepares. Hope you have a good week! xo :) s

ZUCCHINI FRIES
Approx. Time : 35 Minutes

Ingredients
Cooking spray or Veggie Oil
1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
3/4 cups shredded Parmesan Cheese (2 1/4 ounces)
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
2 Large Eggs Whites
2 Large Zucchini (1 1/4 pounds total)
Halved crosswise and cut into 1/2" wedges

Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 425 with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with spray (or we used veggie oil). In a wide, shallow dish mix together Panko, Parmesan Cheese, Italian seasoning, Cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon Salt, add 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper. In a medium bowl lightly beat egg whites.
2.) Working with one at a time, dip zucchini wedges in egg whites, then bread crumb mixture pressing to adhere. Arrange on baking sheets in a single layer. Bake until coating is golden brown and crisp. Approx. 20 minutes. Flipping zucchini and rotating 1/2 way through. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper and serve immediately.

Everyday Food Issue No. 83 // June 2011 // Page 47

7 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Amalastore?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Thank you for this! I'm definitely doing this soon! And it's not even fried...I won't feel guilty. Thank you Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, those fries look seriously delicious! I'm definitely going to have to steal this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to try this. I'm always looking for ways I can try new foods so that I can break my picky eating habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the mister says "thanks all!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...