Wednesday, November 02, 2011

what we wore : Halloween

.
This year was the first year in a very long time that the mister and I dressed up for Halloween.  We figured now that we have kids we should really participate in all holidays even if it's something we usually don't. We want our kids to have their own opinion of things, and for us not to dress up or celebrate this holiday to the fullest with them would only be depriving them of what's rightfully theirs to begin with. I mean, who doesn't want to dress up like a monster or princess and run around getting candy. So what did we dress up as you may wonder... well Wyeth's asked over and over to be the letter H. That's right, he wanted to be a letter, and when asked why H he always replied "cause it's the best letter I can draw" which is true so and H it was! I can't say we weren't stumped on how to do this but after a bit of researching we came to the conclusion of a wooden block with H themed sides. He asked for a bit of help here and there, but overall he doodled his own costume and we all enjoyed in his excitement wearing it. Miss P was a very simple clown, cause we figured she wouldn't really keep much on as she enjoyed pulling off hats and bows. The mister and I gladly went as Raggedy Ann and Andy and I actually really enjoyed putting all the costumes together and we're already noting ideas for next year. The pumpkins below (not ours) were accompanied by scary music, moving animatronics and some seriously decked out awesomeness. And the glowing around Wyeth and in the background were glow sticks worn by all the kids on the block. Hope you enjoy the pictures from our night out. Was your Halloween fun? So what did you dress up as? xo :) s

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your costumes are so sweet :) I love the picture with the lights going all squiggly! :D
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one had me smiling as I read it...You guys look so cute!! The letter H costume is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies we were pretty excited about going out all dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You and your husband look great. I love that your son wanted to be the letter "h". That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes my heart melt sandi!! your son as the block...i am putting that one in my memory bank for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The block costume is sooo cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You guys look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks all! :) we had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi-

    Oh how I miss you guys.

    Love Dora, Jim and John Richard

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...