Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DIY Holiday Paper Stars with Becca

.
Happy Wednesday friends and welcome to day 3 of our little blog party. Today we wanted to share a DIY paper start tutorial by Becca, my SIL. She did the paper folding and I tackled the photo taking, and I'm giving you some directions which hopefully will all make sense, but if you're lost feel free to message me and I'll try my best to help you out. These stars are so perfect for the holiday season, but before the demo I thought they looked kinda to hard to understand so I avoided making them but they're really quite easy, and now we have a handful about our home, so let's get started!

Gather your supplies, the blue paper we used is kids construction paper but any paper will do. 
1.) Fold a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper (standard printer paper) in half  2.) Unfold and cut in half.
3.) Fold paper down to form triangle. Cut along edge. Your square piece of paper will be 5.5" x 5.5" 
4.) Fold the triangle in half again to form a smaller triangle. 5.) With the open side facing down cut up into the triangle. We did 3 cuts which was perfect for this size paper. Do NOT cut all the way across, stop 1/2 before you reach the edge.  
 
6.) Unfold flat. Working from the center out, overlap 1st pieces and tape. Flip star over and from the reverse side overlap pieces and tape. Continue flipping and taping each piece.
7.) What your piece will look like. Now repeat steps one thru 6 for a total of 6 to form our star.
8.) Pinch 2 pieces together and staple. Pinch 2 more and staple to the first 2, and then add the last 2.
9.) After the middle is attached, staple the 6 sides together. And you're finished!!!
Like I said, message me if you're lost but I hope it all made sense. 
I'll see ya real soon for Giveaway # 3 and make sure to get yourself 
all signed up for the other giveaways below.
signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love how simply, yet gorgeous, this is! I'm going to have to go on a paper hunt in the Craft Cove & see if I can find any beautiful colors to make a few of these for our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! Becca did a great job! Logan and I will have to try these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is beautiful, and seems relatively straightforward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love the idea and so cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...