Friday, December 30, 2011

DIY Yarn Mobile with Rae Veda

.

Hello Adalou readers! My name is Rae Veda and I blog over on An Eclectic Heap. I'm really into the holidays and love making things for my tiny apartment to make it more cheerful and cozy. This is a quick DIY for a yarn ball mobile. I absolutely love mine, but you could make yours in other colors you choice. It's also a great way to re-use materials, such as yarn, that you may have laying around from other projects. I hope you enjoy!

SUPPLIES :  Foam balls (in various sizes)  //  Yarn  //  Ribbon  //  Tacks  //  Scissors  //  Stapler
1. Start by wrapping yarn around a foam ball. I think it works best if you hold the end with your finger until it is wrapped around a few times to prevent anything coming loose. Just keep wrapping until the ball is wrapped to your desire.

2. If you run out of one color or just want to add another to make the ball two-tones just tie on the next color to the ender (as shown). It's really simple and the knot will become hidden with the rest of the yarn.
3. To finish off the yarn ball I twisted the end into the rest of the yarn and tied a knot. It holds up really well this way and you won't risk the unraveling.

4. I then threaded glitter ribbon under a few strands of yarn and stapled it to the longer part so it could be hung from my ceiling.

5. Repeat as many times as necessary for your space, take to the ceiling, and you're finished! Easy as pie.
I hope you have had a lovely holiday season! Thanks so much for having me, Sandi!

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ 

Thanks so much Rae for sharing this fabulous DIY! Make sure to swing on over to her blog to say hello,
and see what else she's up to lately. Hope you're week has been great! Happy Friday!
signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am such a sucker for any project involving yarn. Very cute! I may have to make one of these for my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love this! So easy and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! I wouldn't have even thought of doing something like this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...