Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DOODLING PRETTY KITTIES

.

Doodle, doodle, doodle. In my free time I enjoy grabbing my sketchbook and doodling up little bits of randomness. I have a sweet friend who loves kitties so one of these is for her (though she doesn't know it yet) but I thought maybe you'd enjoy seeing my little illustrations come to life. Shrinky dinks have been around for quite sometime and I started doodling on them over a year ago and making pendants, brooches, earrings and other accessories for my Benandi etsy shop. Currently the shop is closed while I doodle up some new pieces to offer. But in the mean time I'll try my best to update you with current doodles here on the blog. Enjoy!
signature

* UPDATED: For those of you interested in Shrinky Dinks this is the paper I use. And my second photo down, because someone asked me "what is that thing" it's of my light box (made by the mister from and old drawer). I doodle my idea, and then retrace each illustrations using my light box. Each piece is similar in shape and style but all are hand drawn one of kinds with the same feel.

 p.s. - I'm hosting a giveaway over on Pussycat Vintage for this lovely retro tray. 
Click on the link or the image below to link on over to the giveaway. Good Luck!

7 comments:

  1. I love these! Could you maybe remind people like me how to do shrinky dinks? I used to do them when I was little but I have definitely forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Zimmerman They actually make a Shrink Paper which you can purchase at a hobby store. This is the one I buy--> http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/shrinky-dinks-bright-white-972901 I follow their directions for the most part but I bake mine at a lower temp. 300 for about 4 minutes and then after they cool press them with a flat spatula. I coat them with gloss when I'm finished. I'd love to see some if you choose to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, I love these! Shrinky Dinks are so fun but I don't think I've ever made anything nearly this adorable. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable! Love seeing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!
    http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sandi! I really want to try! They would be cute magnets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...