Friday, January 20, 2012

Q & A and A BIT ABOUT BLOGGING...

.
Glasses c/o GlassesUSA

I started my blog almost a year ago (and twitter too) because a friend mentioned "do you have a blog" which I kindly replied to her, "well, no I don't". In general, I've been reading blogs for quite sometime, and I've made some amazing friends this way, but thinking about the idea of blogging myself (though it crossed my mind often) just wasn't at the top of my list. It's not that I didn't want one, because I did. I loved seeing all the pretty blogs out there and thought, how fun to have a creative space to share with others. But weighing options in my head always lead me back to, what if I can't do it, what if I can't think of what to write about, I'm not a writer so how badly will this all sound. But ya know what, the more I really considered these things, the more I thought why do I even care about those things, why not just write for me and write what I love. It's not a job (though now I wish it was my full time job, I love doing it so much), it's suppose to be something you enjoy, something you look forward to doing from time to time. I began to write as way to stay creative, refreshed and renewed. A sketchbook if you will, for all of my gathered inspiration. Now, almost a year later, I find blogging part of my daily routine as I love sharing my favorite finds with you. I'm not to sure why it took me so long to realize these other things didn't matter and that me staying true to myself when I write is what matters most and what will always make me happy. I've really enjoyed meeting new friends this way, and thank you for following along too, I so appreciate it!

Q & A
As I continue to blog I would love to hear from you, is there anything you want to ask me which I haven't answered on the blog yet? Also what have you seen on the blog you don't care for? Or would you like to see on the blog more? If you just want to ask random questions to me too, like, how many siblings do you have (2 younger brothers) or is your hair actually teal (nope it's actually dark brown) well then feel free to leave those below too and I'll answer them as quickly as I can. If it's more of a question you're not comfortable asking aloud email me adalou1@hotmail(dot)com and I'll email you back. Hope you have a great weekend and feel free to pick my brain some.
signature

10 comments:

  1. I adore reading your blog. My only request would be bigger text. You're making me feel all old and squinty. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear your advice on photographing for a blog! Your photos always looks fresh and bright-- what is your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GirlRural.com I will surely look into making the font larger for the mean time if it's still too small a fun trick is that you can hold down the command key on your keyboard and then tap the plus (+) button on your keyboard which should enlarge it a bit. Hope this helps till I have time to adjust some sizes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabetha Well I'm surely no photographer but I try my best to pic one item to focus on while shooting. I take photos with a Canon Rebel Xsi which does a nice job for what I need it for. I do edit photo's thru Photoshop and play with filter to adjust colors or add fades/blurs to backgrounds. I will surely do a tips and tricks post on this, if it's something you would care to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sandi
    I'd love for you to do a photo tips post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, my name is Sheryl aka mamajustice. I really enjoy your blog which, for me, I get such a wonderful sense of your personality. I particularly enjoyed this entry. I love that you write to stay creative, refreshed & renewed. I am thinking about blogging. And not because I think I can write but because I have things to say. Dealing with turning 50, empty nest, whats my next chapter on this journey of life etc..makes me feel like it's time to get back to me if that makes sense. Do you have any recommended reading on how to start? Reference guides on some of the technical aspects of setting up a blog? Do's and dont's? Thank you very much : ) for sharing so much of yourself here on AdaLou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mamajustice - I'm going thru my links and saved files to pull together some info for you. Would you kindly email me your address and I'll send it your way when I have it all gathered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog for many reasons you are my family and I love you and I love seeing the posts of you the wee ones and the Mister :)I'm also fascinated by all of the neat and wonderful things that you find and have to share. I am hoping to start doing a little blogging of my own - so my question is with 2 little ones at home a full time job and hubby how do you find time to do it? And I'm assuming that all of this loveliness on here is HTML that you painstakingly code...how did you learn it? I want a pretty blog not just a blah one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Samantha well honestly it's a bit of dedication. i research over my lunch breaks when the time leans to this. i research a lot at nights after our kiddos are in beds. i keep a journal for running ideas to keep my mind inspired and always knowing what i wanted to post next. the coding, well i do code a bit but there are so many tips and tricks out there to get you started. i have a few links in my "link love" at the bottom for resources which i have found helpful. i do find myself up late at nights happily typing away. i set posts to auto post after im done compiling them so i can focus on my family and job during the days. good luck and hope some of this helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a big help - I didn't know there was such a thing as auto post that helps some of the mystery of how do you do it :) Keep on blogging because I love to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...