Tuesday, February 07, 2012

DIY DIECUT HEART CARD & ENVELOPE

.

I love hand making cards for my family. And with Valentine's Day being one of those holidays where you can pull off giving multiple cards and notes to your loved ones, I figured I'd share with you one of the cards I recently made. I had found some inspiration via Etsy where the artist cut and glued various hearts to some paper. I like this look but pulled it off with slightly a different approach. I'm pleased with the overall outcome and besides the measuring part (which may take you a few minutes) the overall making of this card was fairly quick. Would you like to make your own handmade card with me? Grab some supplies and let's go!
signature

1.) TEMPLATES
I doodled up these design and noted all of my dimensions below.
2.) ENVELOPE INSTRUCTIONS
Measure and Cut Template shape. The only tape is on the 2 side folds.
I also cut and taped a heart to the envelope once it was completed.
FOLDS * (asterisk sign on template) 
Note the fold lines on template, please do not cut them.
We'll erase the lines we drew on the template after you fold each crease.
3.) CARD INSTRUCTIONS  
Measure and Cut Template shape
QUESTIONS? 
If you're feeling lost please leave me a note in the comments section so I may reply to you.
Good Luck! If you make one please link it in the comment window, I'd love to see it! 
signature

7 comments:

  1. Adorable & I am going to try it out! Thanks
    --mila
    milasthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! What a neat idea. It's very straight forward and that template looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH i love this! Especially with the gold underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Great job friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks sweet ladies, i appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. I love how creative you are. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. like the instruction you have about Gift Card envelopes...it's easy to understand and follow..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...