Saturday, February 25, 2012

MOVIE REVIEWS / WHAT WE'VE RECENTLY SEEN

.
The mister and I watched a bunch of movies (8) over the past month. Some were good and some not so much. Plus I ventured to the movie theater for 2 of the movies on my own. A rundown with our ratings, plus a little info about each. Listed from our favorite to least fav. Enjoy!

DRIVE - My rating A (misters rating A)
Ryan Gosling (oh swooon, need I say more, I kinda have a new crush for him) plays a mechanic/Hollywood stuntman and a getaway driver which gets stuck in the middle of a shady deal while falling in love with the neighbor and her son next door. I really liked this movie. Not just because of Ryan Gosling but because of the overall story and action, car chases, and drama which took place throughout the movie.

50/50 : My rating A- (misters rating B+/A)
Inspired by a true store. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a journalist that discovers he has a rare cancer with a survival rate of 50/50 (hence the title). His best friend, Seth Rogen joins along his side for this movie about love, survival, friendships and find humor in unlikely places. I won't lie I did cry some from time to time, I think it's now that I'm a mom I see things differently, but I really enjoyed this one!

REAL STEEL - My rating A- (misters rating A)
Hugh Jackman is a retired boxer. This movie take place in the future where people use robots to box (kinda like sparing/fighting). He finds a new champion in a discarded robot and reconnects with his son who he hasn't seen in 11 years. It was actually pretty impressive. We thought it was going to be worse but we liked the special effects and the story.

WHATS YOUR NUMBER - My rating B/B+ (misters rating B/C+)
Anna Faris looks back on her life and the twenty men she's had relationships with and wonders if one of them might be her one true love. Chris Evans (from the newest Captain America movie, kinda have a crush on him too) plays her neighbor who helps her hunt down info about her previous Ex's. It's a rom/com (romantic/comedy) which I LOVE watching. This one was so cute, kinda girly but I enjoyed it.

THE DESCENDANTS : My rating B- (mister didn't see it)
George Clooney plays a husband and father of two girls, who has to re think his life and embrace his future when his wife suffers from a boating accident. Traveled to the theater with a handful of co-workers to see this. They all loved it but in my opinion, it was just ok; not bad but not my favorite.
RED TAILS - My rating B- (mister didn't see it)
Historical movie about African American pilots who were facing segregation issues during World War II. Myself and co-workers went to see this movie for research purposes and it was actually very knowledgeable/educational.

ABDUCTION - My rating C (misters rating D)
Taylor Lautner (that werewolf kid from Twilight) sets out to discover the truth about his childhood, after he finds a photo of himself on a missing persons website. This is an action/suspense movie and it was not at the top top but rental worthy.

COWBOYS & ALIENS - My rating D (misters rating D)
I've pulled a write up, cause I kinda don't have words for this one. I'll let ya decided for your selves. IMDB says: A spaceship arrives in Arizona, 1873, to take over the Earth, starting with the Wild West region. A posse of cowboys and natives are all that stand in their way." Let me just comment the mister and I didn't care for this one, at all, ha!!!

So what movies have you seen lately?
signature

(image 1) (image 2) (image 3) (image 4) (image 5) (image 6) (image 7) (image 8)

7 comments:

  1. With regards Real Steel, all I really heard was "Hugh Jackman" and "Robots", and already I'm dying to see it.

    That's kind of the same with Cowboys & Aliens, but in reverse. Just the name itself implies it's going to be an awful film.

    I recently watched the Fighter for the first time, and thought it was really good - I'm not normally a fan of fight/violent movies, but this managed to have a strong storyline and good acting to balance out each punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i just found your blog and so glad i did! this is such an amazing post and i loveee your photos! you just gained yourself a new follower! keep up the great work! If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could check out our blog!

    i love the movie abduction and i've been wanting to watch the drive for sucha long time!

    xoxo
    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. People keep trying to make me watch Cowboys and Aliens and I just know I won't like it. Thank you for affirming that, haha. I thought What's Your Number was way better than I was expecting, I thought it was going to be terrible but it was pretty cute.

    Guess I have to see Drive now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I kind of loved Cowboys and Aliens. It was so goofy! It was the movie we saw on our first date post-baby last summer and it was guilty pleasure fun. I've been dying to see 50/50...maybe I'll rent it soon. We just watched contagion and I just want to wash my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I HATED "Red Tails." The writing was clunky, the actors were all very formulaic, and there were conflicting styles throughout the whole thing (comic book vs. serious war movie). My husband tells me the movie "Tuskegee Airmen" is a lot better and based on actual people.

    Rob and I have been eager to see "50/50"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering about both Drive and 50/50! thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I will watch anything with Ryan Gosling in it. I have been crushing on him since his Murder by Numbers days (see: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2487398400/tt0264935). Even with my bias, I can easily say that Drive is now one of my all-time favorite movies. I've heard so many people say they couldn't get into it because of the lack of dialogue but that's exactly why I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...