Wednesday, February 08, 2012

WHAT I WORE : BLACK AND WHITE

.
I own a few black dresses but this one, well I think I found a new best friend. I picked up this vintage beauty before Christmas and I'm just getting around to wearing it. Yup it's been like 2 months. Let me explain though. I've been soooo busy lately and getting around to hemming (cause I alter most dresses shorter due to my height) just hadn't been on the top of my list. I also was unsure about altering the sleeves and if I should have kept them longer. You can see the dress before my alterations below, and boy excuse that half awake, no makeup face, I guess it was a rough morning kinda photo. So I settled on short shelves and now it's by far my favorite little black dress. I'm a bit monochromatic here... black dress, white tights, black shoes and ya know some black nail polish to pull it all off. I love that little moon necklace too, which is from a local boutique, artist unknown. Now is it just me or does that dress say "maid go clean my house" I guess next time I'll pose with a mop and broom ;)
signature
p.s. I can't stand house cleaning, I guess better not wear this around the house or I may be signing myself up for some serious chores.
Vintage Dress : Thrifted + Altered by Me
Necklace : Local Boutique, unknown artist
Shoes : Black Kathan's by Mossimo, Target
White Tights : Target
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

THANKS FOR READING!  FOLLOW ALONG -  RSS  //  BLOGLOVIN'  //   GFC
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

13 comments:

  1. I love it! And your alterations really bring it up-to-date

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you altered this dress! It looks so much cuter with the shorter sleeves :) nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ABSOLUTELY cuter with short sleeves! i think you should have jazzed it up and Sandi'd it a little with some kind of patterned tights!! love the hair color change, you are ever evolving sweet cousin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! And that dress looks great since you altered it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job modifying that pretty dress! You look lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a perfect wednesday dress! and by wednesday i mean from the addams family. i am always on the look out for one. i love it! and it looks great shortened. you look beautiful!!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!!!

    Blytheponytailparades - you should so color your's :)

    Neesy & CB - I'll check who it's by when I get home, maybe you can find one on Etsy or Ebay. I'll keep my eyes peeled here for more here and let ya know if I spot one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the alteration in length! :D

    xo.
    Des
    www.manoymetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. man you look cute and oh that little one! great collar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. much better! it's amazing what a little altering can do to turn it from frumpy to fabulous eh?

    you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks super cute!! i'm going to really have to find some sweet dresses to alter. thanks for giving me such inspiration!
    <33

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...