Saturday, March 31, 2012

MOVIE REVIEWS / THE HUNGER GAMES

.

We'll let's be honest here. I have the book, had it for a few months now, the mister picked it up for me, and I was meaning to read it before the movie came out... but I've been to busy to pick it up and get past the first 10 pages. I know, I know, how bad of me to see the movie over a book but the fact of the matter is, I'm more of a visual person. Though books are fabulous, and I do read to the kiddos tons, I just don't care to much to read myself a book. But a movie! Well I always love a good movie. So I went this past week with my SIL (who did read the book, she actually read my copy of it cause she knew I had it and asked to borrow it and then finished it in a day, ha!) and we enjoyed it. The story is based in the future and the "Captiol" (their government) once a year, chooses a boy and girl from each of these 12 districts to fight to the death to win for their district (and to hopefully survive life in general). Katniss Everdeen, the main character, steps up to take her younger sister's place who was chosen for the match initially. Katniss is one tough chick and boy can she surely shot and arrow. I think I want to take an archery classes now. The movie was entertaining and I would recommend it if you did or even if didn't read the book. Happy Weekend!
signature

*Please note this review is based on my own personal opinion. And all images above found here

7 comments:

  1. I read the Hunger Games series a few months back and I highly recommend the books. The movie could only go so far in the time frame to describe everything that was going on, and the book did a much better job of illustrating the battle in the game. The movie, however, was pretty true to the book. I think those who read Harry Potter and saw how close the movies are will also appreciate that about The Hunger Games as opposed to Twilight where the movies were very different from the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book's better. Haha somebody always has to say that about every movie ever made so I thought I'd just get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the movie! I was actually quite impressed with how the book became a movie, I was also blown away by Katniss' and Peeta's performances. The book was definitely better, though, as I find with most movies :)
    -charlotte <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read the book before I see the film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read these books either and have been wondering if I should before I see the movie. I'm not sure if I'll have the time before the movie leaves the cinema so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it without reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the movie but the books were awesome! I couldn't put them down! But I was actually happy that it stayed pretty true to the book which doesn't always happen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it! It didn't keep to the book ALWAYS, but it was one of the best book to movie interpretations I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...