Wednesday, April 04, 2012

DIVINE NINE CAMEOS // SECRET PROJECT REVEALED

.

Are you ready to see what I've been working on for the past few months? I've been working REALLY hard trying to get everything in line before sharing this all and I am finally ready to show you. I've done snapshots here and there of my doodles to give you all sneak peeks but I've been anxious awaiting today to share more. Surely you're ready though, right? I'm a big ball of excitement and nerves today but without further ado I give you the "Divine Nine". Nine lovely ladies who have left a positive imprint on my life in one way or another. Now the ladies involved in my secret project all have knowledge of what's going on, but they are in just as much anticipation as everyone else, as I have yet to disclose any of their doodles, or photos until now. So whatta think? Is this exciting?

PROCESS //
I had started a few months back sketching portraits of friends/bloggers I felt inspired by, which I didn't share with anyone because I had no idea what to even use them for. I had wanted to make something special for these ladies but just wasn't to sure what. After careful consideration the mister and I discussed laser engraving on woods. I have always struggled with figuring out which artistic medium I loved best. I feel like I've tried them all, and I have had success with each of them but they never left me feeling wowed about my work. I figured it didn't hurt to try something new so I'd give wood engraving a try. My personal illustration style is very graphic and has an overall stylized look to it so I figured maybe this would pull off nicely if cut with the right woods with a speciality vendor. The bigger question in my mind though, was how in the world do I even find a vendor to work with me. I did a lot of searching, I mean A LOT. I checked locally around town first but didn't have any success. I started googling laser cutting and came upon tons of options but nothing seemed appropriate to me. Then I turned to Etsy which was the best idea yet. There are so many talented people on Etsy that I was sure I would find someone. I reached out to a dozen laser vendors and asked for help, but most of them either didn't have the capability of cutting woods, were way to busy with their own thing, or they just didn't care to help for one reason or another… but then there was Cindy! I saw some of her work in her shop and could just tell she'd be perfect. After chatting with her a bit I was blown away by her knowledge and willingness to help me figure out this thing. It was a great start to an even better partnership. We spent a good month of emails and test files before we achieved what I was envisioning but all of our hard work and patients surely paid off. I'm so overjoyed with how all of these came out and I can't even begin to thank Cindy enough for helping me. We are working closely together to bring many more exciting things to life and I'll share them as they come along but today is it's all about the "Divine Nine".

DIVINE 9 CAMEOS // 
So some of you may be wondering well what I'm going to be doing with all of these pieces I've made. Well, honestly, these 9 will be traveling to each of these lovely ladies as a thank you for being so sweet and special. But this surely isn't the end of them. There will be a limited run available in the shop tonight, Wednesday April 4th at 5PM CST. They will also be available as a brooch. There is also a limited edition print which will be available tonight too; you can see this print below. UPDATE // As of 5PM CST there are now a handful of these lovely items in the shop. Thanks for all your support. :)

CUSTOM CAMEOS //
After careful consideration I will be offering up custom one-of-a-kind cameo's too. That's right, you can have your face or your sweet little kiddo or spouses face doodled by me on a custom Cameo. They will be available as necklaces or brooches and after I figure out all the details of them (over this next week) I will be sharing another post that they are ready to go.

I wanted to THANK YOU all so much for being patient with me as I shared sneak peeks and got everything in line over the past few weeks. Everyone's support in general about my artwork has made this all so enjoyable and I can't wait to share with you what's next to come. You "Divine Nine" ladies out there, I hope you enjoy your pieces, it's been so much fun and thanks for your support thru this.

A quick note that I'll be taking a break from blogging, just for a couple days, but I do have a guest blogger tomorrow so please come say hi to her. But this has all been a lot of work an late nights on my end to get it all ready. I'll be around twitterland and instagram if you'd care to say hello but I'm gonna spend a few days off with the mister to relax and catch up on other things. Happy Wednesday, enjoy the pictures and I'll see ya all real soon!
signature

Meet and say hello to AMY // amymorby.com
Meet and say hello to Elsie // abeautifulmess.typepad.com
Meet and say hello to Jenny // frecklewonder.com
Meet and say hello to James // bleubirdvintage.typepad.com
Meet and say hello to Nicole // pussycatvintage.net
Meet and say hello to Rachel // smileandwave.typepad.com
Meet and say hello to Katie // skunkboycreatures.blogspot.com
 Meet and say hello to Kaylah // daintysquid.blogspot.com
Meet and say hello to Chantilly (aka Thursday) // mygirlthursday.com

54 comments:

  1. wow!! these are sooo awesome!! i love how they look exactly like the ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SANDI! I am completely blown away and so so so honored. I can't even begin to thank you enough. I LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute ! Such lucky ladies, you're super talented, lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi! You never stop amazing me with how wonderful of a friend you are and your talent that never stops!! Thank you for making me a part of this fantastic and beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! Thank you so much for including me-- you are the sweetest! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look so good! i am so excited for you and these awesome ladies must be such an inspiration and hold a special place in your heart.
    i can't believe everything was pulled off- those trips to michael's really paid off.
    can't wait to see you tomorrow night. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone who's always been such a fan of your work and your 'doodles' I'm completely honored to be a part of this project! Thank you Sandi, and congrats on such a lovely collection, I can only imagine all the blood, sweat and tears that went into this! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible! You are so talented, Sandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! I totally want my dog on a cameo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh god wow, these are amazing! They look JUST like them! I'd love to get my little family on some cameos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, these are ridiculously fantastic. I'm totally excited to be a part of this and honored that you included me. More than that, I'm impressed with your talent and the motivation it took to get to this place on a new project that didn't just fall in your lap on the first try. Well done, lady! I see good things in your Etsy shop future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes Batman.. I am such a sucker recently for laser wood cuts!!! These are fantastic... oh golly! Great work.. once again - lovely ladies for sure!
    Mel ;o
    www.needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are amazing! It's so cool to see some of my favourite bloggers immortalised in wood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In total awe, I love it, I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi, you've truly outdone yourself. They look absolutely fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're so amazing and I can't wait to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous!! I found your blog through Katie's and must say that I love your illustration style.

    Can't wait to hear about the custom cameos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous! You are so very talented-- just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. pure brilliance. i will look at this post time and time again.
    you are one talented lady. you captured the essence of these incredible women SO WELL. kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sandi, I've been trying to find the right words all day but I don't know if I'm going to get there. As the girl who was always picked last and hit first at dodgeball games I've never found it to be much fun to be part of a team. After today I'm feeling a bit different about that whole thing. I feel so proud and blessed to have made some sort of happy imprint on your life. Thank you so, so much! I will treasure this pretty cameo forever. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are awesome! Great idea and lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Both the concept and the actual pieces are amazing! So excited to have found your blog (thanks Amy M!).

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is just the most AMAZING thing!! Not only thoughtful and kind, but wow, those pendants just turned out so beautiful! You have a real talent mama!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing, Sandi! I know these special ladies will love having these wonderful works of art!
    Your doodles are always awesome! I can't wait to see some of the custom orders you'll get!
    -Mandy Q

    ReplyDelete
  25. THESE ARE AMAZING. I can't wait to check out the other rad blogs you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, they are awesome. Beautiful idea! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awh! These are adorable!! Seriously, this is the sweetest thing. I am sure they were very touched.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously they are fantastic! i love them.

    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Outstanding! Lovely work. They are beautiful as are your models. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are just the cutest dang thing I have ever seen!! Way to go girl. They are amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love love...what a creative way to do these portraits! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are so beautiful Sandi! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is adorable! So awesome Sandi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so awesome! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness!! I am smiling so big right now!!! You are just plain ol' amaaazing!!! What a brilliant idea and Incredible work!!

    You RULE!

    Love from NJ!
    xo Jenny Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  36. these are amazing!!!!!

    Misha lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I LOVE these! I totally picked out Chantilly right away :) Great work lady!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahh! Sandi! They look amazing!!
    Thank you so much for including me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are fantastic! Really impressive, especially how you've managed to achieve a great likeness of each of the gals

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are gorgeous! I knew some of my favorite bloggers right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, you're really talented! Great work!

    Priya
    Sunshine Over The Mountains

    ReplyDelete
  42. I bet this gals are hyper excited about their new gift. so thoughtful of you. Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great job and such a creative design choice. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  44. ooh.. this is a really amazing project!! ;o

    ReplyDelete
  45. Frickin AYYY! This is totally awesome.. I love you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is so incredible! It feels great to see a fellow blogger who also enjoys doing portraits, even if in a different medium! I am now following your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Both the concept and the actual pieces are amazing! So excited to have found your blog (thanks Amy M!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...