Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WHAT I WORE : A BIT OF LACE AND A TOUCH OF BROWN

.
So I found this dress while out at the Antique store last week. Spotted it across the shop on a dress form and crossed my fingers that maybe oh maybe it would be my size and fit me. The price was perfect, which meant it wasn't going to fit... but after a "quick lemme pull this over my head while no one looks, cause they don't have a dressing room here" thing, it surely fit! I was so excited, and I just love it! It honestly looks like a 1970's wedding dress to me, but then again maybe I;m wrong, maybe it's not. Do you ever get curious who wore these vintage pieces before us. I always ponder what the person before me was like. I wonder if sadly someone passed away and the family just decided to trash all their stuff or if someone kindly gave up this lovely beauty for another life lived else where. I'm hoping the second option for sure. I guess I'll never know though. Happy Wednesday!
signature 
I'm loving this brooch and it went perfect with this dress.
Look at that detail. So beautiful!
dress //  thrifted
boots // off broadway shoe
apple brooch // benandi (in my shop)
belt // thrifted
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

THANKS FOR READING!  FOLLOW ALONG -  RSS  //  BLOGLOVIN'  //   GFC
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

9 comments:

  1. gosh that dress is beautiful!! i love lace & boots together! def trying to keep my eye out for a dress like this the next time i go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits you just perfectly :) I love this outfit! I wonder that sometimes too about vintage clothes I have….it's really fun to wonder what events they were worn to in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this dress and you finally got some cowboy boots! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so great in that dress! Love boots and lace. And, I really need to buy one of those brooches, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute dress. love the pin. Can't wait to see more of your kitchen remodel too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dress! and I need cowboy boots. ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank ladies, you're all so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't get started on lace because I think it's brilliant and timeless. What a lovely dress on you and a great find always nice to continue the story of the clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...