Thursday, May 03, 2012

POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z :: MOTION BLUR (INDIANANPOLIS 500)

.

Hello again! On this Thursday, I wanted to share a picture I took last May. I had recently moved to Indianapolis and had always heard of the Indianapolis 500. And, since I lived 10 minutes from the track, it was only fair that I went to see what it was all about. It was so neat guys! I definitely recommend going. I was of course rooting for the girls so it was only appropriate that I snapped this photo.

Motion blur is tricky. There are two ways to get a feeling of movement in your images – have your subject move or have your camera move (or both). For this particular picture to get the car in focus I had to move the camera. You need to be very steady and try to follow your subject in a horizontal line (or which ever way your subject is moving) This took many tries. I started to follow the car on the right hand side and attempted to follow the car in the view finder to the left.

With a little help of photoshop to enhance the blur, I got achieved the effect I wanted.

I'll be happy to answer any questions in the comments section below.

Thank you again Sandi! I can't wait to share again. In the meantime, please check out my blog where I update frequently.
~ Anna
Point and Click, 3

Point and Click, 3
Point and Click, 3

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z
This is a photo series brought to you by Anna Z, here on the AdaLou Blog. This series offers readers Anna's personal advice, photography pointers, tips and tricks, plus gives us all a lovely preview of her recent photographic works. You may find more of Anna's Point & Click series here. Or visit her lovely photography blog over here :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks again Anna for guest posting. I'm just loving your series and learning some great tips/tricks along the way. For all you who haven't met Anna yet, make sure to swing on over to her Blog to say "hello" check out more of her fabulous photography. Happy Thursday! 
signature

1 comment:

  1. Anna, these photos are amazing!!! You are so skilled woman!! Thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...