Thursday, May 17, 2012

POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z :: PORTRAITS

.
Happy Thursday! This weeks topic is portraits. This is one of my most favorite things to do! I love capturing the actual essence of a person in a still image. It's definitely easier to photograph a person you know, but that isn't always the situation. Avoid direct, harsh sunlight from any direction. Allowing your subject to be comfortable is also important. You want to capture the personality of your subject. This always makes for better pictures. I usually try to talk to the subject throughout shooting. This helps both you and the subject. Also, giving your subject something to do or to hold something helps the subject feel not as awkward. Have fun with backgrounds and scenery. Move around and shoot while your subject stays in the same pose. Shoot at different angles. Remember to have fun!

Again, these are all my own personal opinions and suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions. And be sure to stop over at my blog for more pictures of my life. Thank you again dear Sandi!
Point & Click 4 Point & Click 4 Point & Click 4
All images in this series are courtesy off Anna Z
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
POINT & CLICK WITH ANNA Z
This is a photo series brought to you by Anna Z, here on the AdaLou Blog. This series offers readers Anna's personal advice, photography pointers, tips and tricks, plus gives us all a lovely preview of her recent photographic works. See more of Anna's Point & Click series here or visit her beautiful blog over here :)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks Anna for popping by the blog today. Happy Thursday sweet friends!
signature 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I do try to remember to move around while shooting, I have trouble talking to the person while I shoot though, even if it's someone I know well enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the shot at the table holding hands! Nice job Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these Anna!! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips! Going to share this with others. I much prefer candid than completely posed but should make the person feel comfortable and have their personality show through for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...