Monday, July 16, 2012

COLLECTIONS : LUIGI COLANI - ELEPHANT BANK

.

In the 1960's the Dresdner banking company hired German designer Luigi Colani to create a money box for them and he came up with the amazing iconic Elephant Bank (seen above and below). I just love them. The bright solid colors. So simple yet sophisticated. I've never come across any during all of my treasure hunting but maybe someday soon I will. Until then I'll just admire the one's I spot elsewhere. There are surely a good handful for sale on eBay but this impressive collection belongs to the Flickr user Jo Je Bin and boy is this a wonderful collection. What you think, aren't they amazing? Happy Monday sweet friends :)
signature
SOURCES : Image 1  //  Image 2  //  Image 3  //  Image 4

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, a little rainbow army of elephant banks-- too cool!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i totally need to find myself a little elephant army :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely smitten with these!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously ADORE these! A couple of them would look cute in my own elephant collection. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you surely need to share your elephant collection, i would love to see it :)

      Delete
  4. Oh that is an AWESOME collection! i love it! I hope i come across one of these one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are absolutely amazing!
    Such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious find, lady! I have to admit I have a fondness for elephants--as my grandmother used to collect them. I'm sure she would have been so delighted to see this wee army of elephants!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all fantastic, but not designed by Luigi Colani.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...