Thursday, October 04, 2012

ALICE IN WONDERLAND : THE WASHINGTON BALLET & DESIGN ARMY

.

While on the hunt for ideas for this years Halloween costume, I came across these beautiful images for Alice in Wonderland. Oh how I love Alice! These lovely poster designs/styling were created by Design Army (a design firm) which was asked to help promote this years premiere opening of the 2012 production of "Alice in Wonderland" by the Washington Ballet. It appears that this show was a traveling performance and I bet it would have been lovely to have seen. I used to dance... in much earlier years this was, and I wish it was something I would have continued to stick with but sadly I didn't. Did/do you dance? Do you like Alice in Wonderland?
signature_blog2
POSTER DESIGN CREDITED TO DESIGN ARMY  PERFORMANCE BY THE WASHINGTON BALLET

8 comments:

  1. These costumes are fantastic! I danced classical ballet/pointe for 11 years and tap and jazz for 4! I wish we would have done Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just asked your mom today if she knew what you and yours were going to be for Halloween! I ADORE Alice in Wonderland. Mariah says " Alice in underpants" because she heard me wrong so long ago. Oh I am hoping to see B as the Mad Hatter lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Amazing!

    http://operationwearmycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. The costumes, the lines of their bodies and especially the poster designs. Thanks for sharing. I never did ballet, just tap and gymnastics. It's interesting to think what I was like as a little girl. Why did you stop dancing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved to dance but I stopped dancing for two reasons. The first was I had a very mean teacher and there were no other schools for dance in the area for me to change too. And secondly, I was very involved in school sports which started to conflict with dance times, so I had to make a sacrifice of what to give up on so I passed on dance. Which I kinda kicked myself for years to come as the teacher resigned a year after I had left. I've considered recently starting up again just to get into shape a bit more but I have no clue when I would have time in my current schedule either. Maybe my daughter will dance. I surely wont push her to do so but it would be highly enjoyed if she did.

      Delete
  5. I wasn't ever blessed with the ability to dance, not even slightly, but I think this makes me much more impressed to watch others that do have this talent.

    I think this show would have been amazing to watch! I absolutely LOVE Alice In Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...