Thursday, November 15, 2012

WHAT I WORE : INK

.

Well it took me some time (a good 30+ years) to get my first tattoo... but I did it! Woohoo! It honestly wasn't at all what I was making it out to be. I imagined myself feeling sick or passing out from the pain. I was worried they'd get started and I'd chicken out some and have half a tattoo... but it so wasn't like this at all. It was quick (all of 15 minutes) and pretty painless (a few pinches, nothing major) and now I can see why some people could quickly become completely covered. And I couldn't love it more! The tattoo artist, Scott Shickman, over at Mercy Seat did such an amazing job! I was highly impressed of his worked from the moment I flipped thru his portfolio and then his backwards and upside down technique to tattoo my arm (which worried me some that it would be uncentered) was unreal... and he surely knew his thing and the design came out perfect. For those who've already privately asked me (or those of you curious), yes, I did use my own hand lettering to write out my kiddos names for this piece. It may seem a bit boring to some that I just tattooed name but these kids have a bit more of a special meaning behind them than just that so it's a nice daily reminder to myself of just that. I have some ideas of my next design, and I will definitely be going back to Scott when it's time. Happy Thursday lovely friends. :)
signature_blog2

MERCY SEAT TATTOO
Tattoo Artist - Scott Shickman 
210 East Sixteenth St.
Kansas City, MO 64108



- - - - - - - - - WARDROBE ATTIRE - - - - - - - - -
Button Down Top, Thrifted. Belt, Thrifted. Vintage Bird Brooch, Thrifted (here). Vintage Earrings, Thrifted.  
Leggings, Xhiliration (Target). Milan Clogs in Red c/o Ugglebo / Sandgrens Clogs



25 comments:

  1. it looks great {as do you} and i wish my writing were as beautiful as yours :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is really cute! I would love to get a tattoo, but I have the same fear of passing out - which unfortunately seems to be a regular thing with me. Good on you for being brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey anna lucy, i actually pass out to pain quite easily so i was a bit nervous. it actually wasn't as painful as i was making it out to be plus i laid down which probably helped some. ;)

      Delete
  3. been excited to see how it turned out, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so perfect, Sandi! I love that it is your own design and those two beautiful kiddos names. It's looks fantastic and I'm so happy you got it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sandi! Your tattoo looks great! I love the placement of it too. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your tattoo! It's so pretty and I love that you wrote it out all pretty like that yourself. My first tattoo took about 10 mins but my next one took two sessions of two hours each, I only took one pee break both times and sat there like a champ while they buzzed away at my chest. I love getting them and after getting 4, I can't wait for more. Unfortunately all my plans are big pieces which means more $$$ and more time! Totally worth it though, so congrats to you!!!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mandy, ya this only took 15 or so minutes and was way easier than i had imagined. i can't wait for more either ;)

      Delete
  7. A lovely first tattoo! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great looking script and an even better first tattoo! plans for more?
    Xo,cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cb! and yes, i want some sewing scissors for my next one. ;)

      Delete
  9. I think it's beautiful. I love your hand lettering. They are addictive :) ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dailydoily. i can see how they can be addictive. my brothers actually covered and he mentioned this prior too ;)

      Delete
  10. Your tattoo is gorgeous!
    I was the same when it came to getting my first tattoo. So very nervous and in the end, my design was quite small and simple too so it only took about 15 mins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks teresa! isn't it silly how we make it out to be something it truly isn't ;)

      Delete
  11. I totally love it!! Something like this is exactly what I have in mind for one day.... when I'm done having kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am not a big fan of tattoos, but seriously, this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I got my sons name done on my wrist (my 2nd tattoo, but first in 8 years) about a year ago and I love it. It's a beautiful reminder of what's truly important.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...