Thursday, July 11, 2013

FOOD : SHRIMP WITH AVOCADO MANGO SALSA

.

Well I feel silly saying I've never had couscous before but hey "I've never had couscous before", haha! I dunno why I've never had it but this recipe called for it an it was actually quite tasty. I've been trying my best to eat a little healthier, less pasta's, breads and cheeses, but boy do I love my carbs. It's really REALLY hard… I won't lie… but, with a little bit of online hunting, new recipe can be found, yay! An as I'm working on experimenting with foods outside of my comfort zone (like avocados and mangos - I know, I know, they're good for me but have always weirded me out some), have helped with some new tasty dishes! This recipe was adapted from one which you'd grill, and though I opted for no grill, I'm sure it's equally tasty both ways. Oh and we forgot the lime juice but I'm sure a few dashes of lime juice would add some extra punch too. Enjoy!
signature_blog2

SHRIMP WITH AVOCADO MANGO SALSA
Approx 30 Minutes || Serves 4

Ingredients
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup couscous
1 pound tiny shrimp (frozen peel and eat bag)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 large mango, peeled and diced
1 medium avocado, diced
2 small roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped red onion

Directions
Over medium heat sautée shrimp. Remove from heat, strain, remove tails, set aside. Cook 1 cup of couscous per directions on box. Over medium heat sautée spinach, once cooked combine with couscous. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, 1/4 cup cilantro, oil and salt, mix well. In another bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, mango, avocado, tomato, onion, mix well. Assembly on a plate - couscous & spinach on bottom, layer veggies and top with shrimp.

Modified Recipe from Epicurious

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...