Monday, August 19, 2013

FOOD : MINI MONKEY BREADS

.

Monkey bread... what a silly name. I think so. Lately I have seen (an had) a few different recipes of Monkey Bread, and I thought I would share this super simple, quick and easy recipe, which I modified from a few others I had found out there. I made these for the second time this weekend (that's how much I loved them) an they were highly enjoyed. They are very VERY sweet (sugary) an may send you into a sugar comatose, so be prepared (an you have been warned) for your sweet tooth will be filled. Hope you enjoy them :)
signature_blog2

MINI MONKEY BREADS
Approx 15 Minutes || Serves 4

Ingredients
1 Package of Texas Style Biscuits
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 stick of butter
1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg

Directions
Divide and cut biscuits into triangles (6 triangles per biscuit round). Mix sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon together. Melt butter and whisk in with dry ingredients. Toss biscuits into batter generously coating. Spray/grease a 12 cup cupcake tray. Divide (I used my hands and pressed mixture in pan) biscuit mixture in 12 cups and top with remaining batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove and flip from tray to serve.

Note : A side of frosting or a simple glaze tastes great with these.

* Please note I'm not a chef, by an means, but the above recipe was created from a collection of 3 different ones I had found out there and it's pretty sweet tasting, to my liking, which I hope you enjoy it!

0 Lovely Comments (Thank You!):

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...