Wednesday, October 09, 2013

DIY : HOMEMADE PLAY DOUGH

.

My kiddos love play dough, and though the store bought stuff is nice, it seems to dry up or get's gross and sticky quickly, so it's just not worth the extra pennies in my opinion. So I choose to make my own from basic ingredients you probably already have in your cabinets. I bet you didn't know it's simpler than you think and if you'd like a little extra salt in your diet it's 100% edible too. Enjoy!
  signature_blog2
HOMEMADE PLAY DOUGH
Approx. 15 Minutes

Ingredients
1 Cup Salt
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 tsp Cream of Tartar (powder)
Food Dye (optional)

Directions
Boil water and oil over medium-high heat. Add dry ingredients and remove from stove. Continue mixing till it lumps together, an knead mixture till smooth. Divide in section and add dye. Store in air tight container or ziplock bags. Good for one month or until dough texture crystalizes.  


3 comments:

  1. I love making home made play dough. I sometimes add a tiny drop of essential oil to make it smell nice too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the airplane you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use food coloring and vanilla/lemon/almond/peppermind extract

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment, I so appreciate it. Please be oh so sweet while commenting, as rude messages will be removed upon moderation. Thank you kindly, xo :) s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...